Wednesday, October 01, 2008

1/2 Marathon Madness!!

Another adventure...We (Vonda, Karen, and myself) decided that we would walk the Bellingham Bay 1/2 Marathon...13.1 miles to be exact! We trained (sorta) and then on September 28th we headed in to Bellingham for the big walk. The weather couldn't have been better or the company more enjoyable. Let's just say we were the most entertaining out on the course!! We finished in just over 3 hours. The adrenaline gets pumping....we will see if there is another 1/2 marathon in the future!! 7:00am Still looking a little sleepy and a mite cold!!
Our close up!
We did it!! We did it!! We did it!! Hooray!! (quoting Dora)
Medals and a cool red shirt...what more could a girl ask for!!

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Way to Go!

I really think you should come to G.R. in May and we should run the River Bank Run together.

Only 15.6 miles!

Barb said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! to three of my favorite gals!!Philippians 3: 12-14 should be your motto:):)... I am focusing all my energies on this one thing;Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race, and reach the prize, for which I am called.... in Christ Jesus. Stay in the race girls!! stay in the race!!! Hugs and woo wooo wooo!!! guela vd

Tanya said...

Way to go gals!! How fun that you three did this together, the training and all! I'm sure special memories were made!!

Bemily said...

Looking good Aim!! Looks like it was a perfect day!! Way to keep in shape!! Miss you!!

AngMomof3 said...

Nice work, Amy! That's a task I wouldn't even attempt, so I'm super impressed. And knowing you, K, and Vonda I'm SURE you were the most entertaining group out there!

michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michele said...

Good for you. A wonderful accomplishment and a fun memory!

Becky said...

Great job girls!!! That actually sounds like fun, especially on an awesome fall day.

Ashley said...

I always thought you were a little crazy, but now I'm sure! Nice work finishing and not really training! It looks like it was a pretty nice day!