Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Puerto Rico Day 6

Another day another adventure or adventures I should say!! We were very fortunate to meet up with a couple that we had met at last years meeting in Arizona. They are fun, young and adventurous!! They made Puerto Rico sooo much fun! They rented a car and we headed into Old SanJuan. We had no idea where we were going but that made it even more exciting! We walked, talked, laughed, ate, drank and took pictures!! This one below I will title lost in old San Juan!! It was really beautiful. The old buildings, bright colors and views were amazing!
Right along the water next to an old fort was this amazing cemetary. You really felt like you were experiencing a piece of history!

There is a wall that surrounds most of old San Juan.
Here we are on our thrones...soaking in the experience!
Now this picture...well it really doesn't do the experience justice. Let me explain....we heard from one of the locals about a place called illumincent bay. It is a place that is protected and when you kayak out in the night time you can see the plankton light up. What does that mean you say...well it was that question that found us on Kayaks in the middle of the night rowing through a narrow canal to a lagoon. When there...after running into several other kayaks and trees it was amazing. When the water moves the plankton light up, as well as the fish. Of course wanting to document this experience I fumbled with my camera and missed most of the jumping fish....all the while never getting a picture...you will have to trust me that it was awesome! Now not being a true kayaker...I was soaked and hence the force smile on the picture above. I will admit that this kind of adventure is a little out of my comfort zone and when getting in the kayak the first time I kinda had a moment...it was a combo cry-laugh that had me wondering if we would make it out alive....regardless it was a blast and we have Rory and Mandy to thank!! So kudos to them for pushing us and kudos to Shane for making it fun even though he did get me wet and ran me into a tree! It is something I will never forget!!
Well we are on our last day and with out R and M we will have to find adventures on our own. I will post more of our adventures when we get home!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Kids!! Looks like another world to me:) I'm so happy you could have this experience together!!Enjoy every moment and bring home lots of pictures!! love you! Mom

Chelsea said...

ah the scenery is gorgeous! Those pictures are amazing! esp the water and the wall and the building for sure! and the kayaking adventure sounds awesome, way to step out, and I bet it was worth it when you got to see everything light up :)

glad you guys had fun! Love you all!

Tanya said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun! You'll wish you were back once you hear the kids start fighting again :) Have a safe trip back....looking forward to seeing more pixs!!