Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Today she would be 8!!


So hard to believe that Abbey has already spent 6 birthdays in heaven. What a party that must be. Oh, of course I would rather be planning a Barbie Party...hugging my really excited 8 year old because she gets to bring her favorite snack to share with her 2nd grade class...but that wasn't God's plan. So I will remember my Abbey today, grateful for the 2 years and 10months that I was blessed to be her Mommy! I will remember those big blue eyes and that sassy personality, the pink flip flops, green blankie and grey kitty! Oh Abbey...I love you little princess, Happy Birthday!!

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow! It's still so hard to believe, It has definitely been a day of reflection and wondering. I hope God is holding you close today, walking you through the emotions that this day brings for you, and reminding you that you will see her again...Blessings to you Amy!.... and to "Abbey up in heaven sitting on His lap chewing bubble gum and airheads" Amen ;)Love ya

one blessed mama said...

we'll be thinking of you and praying for your family today! loving you!

AngMomof3 said...

Happy Birthday, Abbey! I look at our 8-year-old-to-be-in-three-days and just try to imagine what Abbey would look like today... no doubt she'd have that super sweet grin and pink flip flops!

Miss her and thinking of you...

Chelsea said...

I still cannot believe Abbey would be 8! How crazy! Taylor and I were talking about that today, well this morning actually. I love you! Happy Birthday Abbey!!!

I've been thinking about ya all day today amy! Love you!

Bemily said...

Love you Amy...thanks for sharing your thoughts with everyone. I cannot believe that she would've been 8 years old! She will forever be in my heart! Love you so much! Wishing I could be there for the real hugs and share the tears...but it still counts across the miles!

Unknown said...

Thinking of you today and so often throughout special times in the year. Happy Birthday "baby" Abbey!! You are blessed to have such a special mommy here who loves you!

Anonymous said...

Happy 8th Birthday Abbey-doo! Miss you punkin! :)

Love, Stacers

Laurie said...

Thinking of you this week Fabes.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Abbey! What a celebration in heaven. Thinking of all of you this week!