Saturday, April 04, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!!

Wowsers...what a day!! It started at 6am...for me anyways!! I have been training for a half marathon and found out that there was a 15k race (9.3mile) in Birch Bay which was perfect timing for my long run this week. I found a couple of friends that wanted to run and off we went. It was a beautiful day and the course was awesome!! We had a great run and exceeded our expectations!! Half Marathon here we come!! Anyways....back to April 4th!!! Happy Birthday Jake!! This day 11 years ago I became a mom for the first time!! Stephen Jacob Poag was born at 4:44pm on 4-4-1998! He was 8lbs and the most beautiful thing I had ever seen! Even to this day I can't look at him without thinking about that moment!! Jake is a great kid...he's funny...he's bright....he's handsome....and he has a great heart!! Here is a bit of the day in the life of Jake Poag turns 11!! Smore's on the patio...still a little cold, but oh so fun!!
What a handsome little kiddo!! Hard to believe he's already 11!!
Oh my Truman....a bunch of crazy monkey's!!
These boys love their baseball cards!!
How funny is this!!
Tweedle dee and Tweedle poag!!! So cute!
My crew!
Kali is always so helpful!
Again with the baseball cards!!
Fun new wii game!
We finished a great birthday with a great birthday dinner at Kyoto's!! Jake's choice! We ordered perfect and everyone left stuffed!!
A little bit of the action at our table...the table included Jake, Scooter, Taiji, Me, Kali, Shane, Grandma and Guela! Jake Poag....you are loved...Happy Birthday!!!!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh WOW! i cannot believe he's 11 already! and Taiji will be there before we know it! Well a little late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Poag! Looks like you guys had fun! Hopefully we'll get to see each other at Easter :) Love you guys!

Sara Joy said...

Awww Looks like SUCH a FUN birthday!!! You guys are a super cute family, you know that?? :} Please tell Jake that EVERY year,I have my birthday dinner at Kyotos! its my favorite!!! He's got great taste!

Mindy K said...

Amy,
I am so glad you are back to bloggin'. Super fun days. You are a great mom. I love to do Kyotos on birthdays. Enjoy.