Thursday, January 24, 2008

A little update...

After the explosion incident I called my mom to let her know, since she had given me the pan for Christmas. She thought that the company should know about it so she emailed them about my experience. They responded quickly saying that they stand behind their product but are also very concerned about the consumers safety. They asked that I please hold on to the pan because they may want me to send it back to them, but they would like to talk to me in person and left a 1-800 number to call. I made the call and got a different person then the one my mom had been in contact with. She took all the info and then proceeded to ask me what I wanted. I responded that a pan blew up in my oven and I thought that they would want to know. She said 'well we will send you a new one.' I got off the phone and although glad that I would be getting a new pan thought that she didn't seem to concerned about what had happen. I called my mom again (champion on consumer rights!!) and she sent them another email stating that she thought that they had handled this poorly and that if I had opened the oven door 30 seconds earlier they may have had a whole new can of worms on their hands. They once again responded quickly and apologized for our troubles and would be sending out a Pyrex gift pack along with the pan. Kinda cool....Thanks mom for your persistence!! I will post a picture of the gift pack once it arrives!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

First of all, I hate it when you put all that work into dinner and it goes right in the garbage! But, cool, way to go Mom! It didn't sound like a Pyrex thing to just explode like that. Can't wait to see what you get.

Lacey Sanders said...

OH my goodness Amy - that happened to me when I was making rolls at Thanksgiving! I thought I did something wrong but now I am wondering. . . Mark's sister was standing at the stove when ours exploded - luckly she wasn't hurt but you are right if she had opened the oven a minute earlier she could have seriously gotten hurt. Hope you are okay! Our Pyrex dish was in a million pieces. Take care and love you all~