Tuesday, January 22, 2008

An Explosive Meal!

I had great intentions of a twist on our usual 'taco tuesday' night meal. Pretty simple really... baked Chimichanga's, yummy!! Well I prepared the the meat, took great pains to fill and wrap them, then it was 13 mins at 425 degrees and presto dinner, right? Wrong!!! With 30 seconds left on the timer I hear this strange noise...Jake hears it too and we both run to the kitchen, there doesn't appear to be anything out of place. Shane had just compacted the garbage so I think maybe a bottle (wine or otherwise) broke. So I check it...no nothing in there. I think, maybe I was hearing things...Jake says 'No, something broke'! Timer goes off and I think well we'll figure it out later....
Well, later was a second later when I open the oven and see this mess!! What!! I'm not sure what happened, but now realize that dinner is ruined and it was going to be soooo good!!
So be forewarned...Chimichanga's baked in Pyrex may cause an explosion and ruin the night!!
A last picture of our dinner in the garbage...fortunately for the boys I had enough taco meat left to throw together a couple of soft tacos to get them off to their basketball practice...probably what I should have done in the first place...oh well, it made for a great blog entry!!

5 comments:

Bemily said...

I was going to ask for the recipe...but I really can't afford new pyrex ware!!! Miss you!

Laurie said...

Great story Amy. Does Shane tease you that you have to take pictures of everything now just so you can put it on your blog? ;)

One of my worst cooking moments was early on in our marriage and I thought a clove of garlic meant the entire bulb! Those were some garlicy green enchiladas!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Ames thats insane! such a bummer too, they looked delicious! well now we know for next time! hope you guys are havin a good week! cya soon hopefully! Luv ya lots!

Anonymous said...

Woah! That's crazy, and a little scary! I bake with Pyrex all the time! Was it just a faulty pan you think? I've never heard of anything like that before but what a bummer! You'll have to try making them again and bake them on a cookie sheet or something! They look sooo good! I bet you were looking forward to them! I'm glad no one got hurt. You'll have to post what you got in tbe gift pack when it arrives! :) ~ Brandi

Barb said...

Oh My Word!! you guys have way too much excitement over there.... I am Just so very Thankful no one was hurt:)Angels watchin over you, every step you take:):)remember that old song?? Angels watchin over youuuuu!!! the pictures were awesome and you are tooo!! Hugs Guela