Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!! This year we decided that it would be fun to do something as a family to ring in the New Year...and being that we are a 'sports family' (Taiji's quote), we packed up the gang along with some friends and headed down to Seattle to watch the Sonics play. This was a first for Kali and she was excited to be with her boys!! We started the night with a great meal at the Outback!
P B and J for Kali!! Little cheeser!!
Then off to the Sonics...cabs were scarce but we finally made it...with time to spare!
The stands were pretty empty...could have been that it was New Year's eve or more likely because the Sonics are not doing very well this year! Once back at the Hotel...and again the cabs were scarce the boys and Shane went to see the fireworks at the Space Needle...no pictures, sorry!
The next morning was all about the swimming! The kids had a great time and Kali did great! My little fishy!
On a whim Shane decided that we should go check out the Space Needle up close and personal. The Boys (Truman & Taiji) were not to sure about this, both very afraid of heights! But after a little cajoling we finally convinced them that it was safe and that they would have a good time.!
Me and the gang with the Seattle Skyline at our backs!
After a trip to the gift shop it was time to head home.

I know that each year we all have our New Year's resolutions...I am no different! My prayer is to become the Mom and wife that I know God wants me to be, keeping him at the center of all I do! May you all feel God's blessings in this the year 2008!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay...the space needle sorta gives me the heebie jeebies too...i get it :) looks like a fun time was had by all and a fantastic way to start the new year!!
cheers to o8!

Becky said...

Looks like a great time. Always wanted to head down their for the fireworks show. Looks like full speed ahead for the Van Dalens in 2008!

Tanya said...

Good times!! Such fun memories for you and the kids....Blessings in the New Year to you too!!

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like you guys had a good new years eve!!! very exciting! sounds like fun, I bet the kids loved it! I missed ya guys when we went sledding but I'll be back soon! might come up before spring break I'm sure! Well I'm glad you guys had fun! great way to celebrate the new year!!

Love you all!!!

Laurie said...

Happy New Year to your fam. Go Pistons!

Barb said...

OH MY WORD !!! we have so much to be Thankful for , don't we?? your blog makes me feel as tho I am there with you... thanks for sharing all of your memory experiences with us.. love them all and all of you!! so looking forward to 2008, and all the Lord Jesus will do in our lives... loving and praying for you all,Guela