Thursday, April 26, 2007

Creative Arts Week/Science Fair

This week was all about Creative Arts, the focus in the 3rd grade being Africa. This year each grade focused on a different part of the world and then shared with the rest of the school what they learned. So this morning I, dutch, pale and semi blond, Amy found my self dressed as an African women stamping passports as all the kids from the elementary visited our 3rd grade African Village. I'm sorry that I don't have pictures of that...but you probably aren't!! Here is the gang in Jake and Taiji's class this evening, what a handsome bunch!
Here are Taiji and Jake showing off some of the many things that they worked on this week.
After the visit to the African Village, we headed over to the Middle school for a visit to the Science Fair. Pictured above is Truman in front of this Project. If you can't read it, he tested the strength of paper towels. He and Shane did a great job and discovered that it's worth it to pay a little more because Viva Paper towels smashed the competition. Fun Project....glad it's over!!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Wait a minute, I am picturing you in the African gear ...

O.K. now that I've stopped laughing, I can comment. ;) It's always fun to get in the classroom & see your kids in action.

Mental note: If Viva is every on sale, I'm sure my husband will buy it!

Tanya said...

It was nice to see what the kiddos have been up....was disappointed I couldn't look at Jake's work with him :( Maybe you could send it this way so we can look at it with him?!! Would love to see you in the African attire :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

You do such a good job with your blog! You have the CUTEST kids, today I realized that it STINKS to live so far away from all the cousins.....Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what they learn... wish I could go back to first grade and start over... School rocks~~ Love guelavd

Becky said...

This is such a fun week. A good change of pace towards the end of the year.

Bemily said...

I can't believe that it's legal to yell at people over blogging about their blog!
I've updated it for you... sorry.. my camera's been poopy!
I love your pics.... you're kids are cute-- but they're getting so big!
Miss you and love you all!
Big Emily

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you guys have been busy! I'm excited to hear about the African village! good work taiji and jake! Have fun in all the games this week! luv you all!

Cousin chelsea