Monday, February 12, 2007

Life on S. Park...


I realize that my most recent entries have been about Kali and I don't want you to forget I have other children...boys I think...just kidding!! It's funny because when we found out we were pregnant we thought, 'wow we will truly have his, hers and ours children', but Kali has been more than that she's been our common denominator. She connects us, and it makes for one pretty cool little family!! Truman is in the thick of sports right now, he is playing AAU basketball and has also started practicing baseball. His team has been invited to play in a tournament down in Arizona in March!! With Truman as a preteen I find myself sometimes frustrated with the sudden mood swings and interesting attitudes, but on a whole he is a great kid who loves sports, his friends and Kali!! Jake and Taiji are constantly into something and it changes so quickly I find my self constantly trying to keep up. I think right now it's StarWars cards (or at least I hope it is because I got them a few for Valentines) they can go for hours trading and re-trading. They too are very into basketball right now and will be finishing out the season on Saturday. Having twins that aren't really twins has also been a challenge, Jake is my oldest, where as Taiji is Shane's youngest so even though they are the same age their natural birth order often comes in to play when dealing with each other or Truman. Taiji tends to be a perfectionist in all that he does, and Jake is very laid back trying constantly to get by with the bare minimum. I think as a whole they balance each other out!! Well, this is really starting to sound a bit like a Christmas card, but I thought I would catch you all up on our lives!! We are happy, we are sad, we have good days, we have bad but we always have each other and for that I'm really glad!! (Oh my gosh that is the lamest poem ever...but I know a few of you will get a great big chuckle out of it so I'm going to leave it on!! =)

5 comments:

Becky said...

It's actually like a Hallmark card. I may need a box of tissues!

Laurie said...

First of all, it sounds likes Truman and Jake have their birth order and personalities mixed up. :) A laid-back 1st born ... that's rare.

Secondly, thank you so much for your generous donation for our walk to support March of Dimes & premature babies. You rock Fabes!

Tanya said...

Star Wars Cards...I looked to buy some of those, but couldn't find any at Target....you must know the inside scoop! HA!

Anonymous said...

I think poem writing runs in the family! I thought I was reading one of my moms!
Vonda

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I think I figured this out ~ it was sent :)