Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Kindermusik Kali!!






As a mom there are several steps to help us learn to give up our inhibitions. This starts of course very early in motherhood, because as we all know those babies don't come out by themselves. We find ourselves spread eagle for a complete stranger never thinking twice...then there is the breast feeding thing...when that baby is crying uncontrollably you don't stop to ask the questions, 'Where am I?' or 'Who's watching?'...you just whip out that boob and calm your baby. Well I am convinced now, that all this was preparing me for kindermusik. What? You may think. Well, let me explain...I am not a dancer, in fact, I am very self conscience and don't find it enjoyable at all. Kindermusik is a parent-baby dancing/singing type class. In class, with all the other parents and kids, you have to just be free and let it all hang out...again for the love of your child. So am I ready to go dancing this weekend...no...but I probably will sign Kali and I up for the next kindermusik session, for even though it is not my favorite thing...she loves it and that's enough for me!!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

You lost me after using the word boob ... just kidding! =) I always said that a marching band could have come through when I was laboring, and I wouldn't have cared! Good for you being a fun mommy. We try to have dance parties at home and Jeff & I both comment that are kids have better moves than us - most likely because they are uninhibited. Too bad we can't keep some of that as we get old.

Tanya said...

Kudos to you Amy for having the courage to do this.....I would love to say that I would to, unfortunetly due to my lack of confidence in the dancing and singing department I would have a hard time with it....poor Daisy!

Anonymous said...

hey ammes, that looked so cool!! it so neat you continue to be who wants to grow and learn. I want to follow your lead.. shall we dance?love you, guelavd

Anonymous said...

ok thats it, next time you come to Seattle we are going dancing :)

Amy said...

If anyone could get me to dance...it would probably you cruisechick!! I just might have to take you up on that offer!!