Tuesday, November 03, 2009

2009 Football Season

Well the 2009 Football season for the VanDalen-Poag's is in the books. No injuries and both teams ended up with a 500 record. Truman played his first sport in his High School career and did amazing. It's really hard to come from Jr. High being the king of the castle and have to then learn a new role of backup everything...but he took it in stride and learned a lot! I was sooo proud of him. In one of the last games he had an interception and a on side kick recovery!! It was sooo cool! Trum in action!
Of course no post would be complete with out the family cheer leader!
Defensive back...looking for another pick off!
Jake and Taiji played another year on the New York Life sponsored team. It was great! We had fabulous weather and the boys really took off! Next year on to Jr high Football!
The last game of the season we were going to play in a mud bowl! I had to get a before picture! Unfortunately my battery died right when I was going to take the after shot...but I think that you will be able to get the idea!!
Taiji in the huddle....need I say more!!
Check out that field!! WOW!! The boys had fun!
Here is the best I could do for an after of Jake!
These boys just pour their hearts and souls into this stuff! They endure hard practices that start in the first week of August! They had super hot practices and super cold ones! But I think through it all they have learned the value of hard work and about being apart of a team!!
So long football....hello Basketball!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love the pics of the mud bowl. Those were always my brother's favorite games to play in. We gotta get those white uniforms dirty, you know!