Monday, July 27, 2009

Remembering Abbey Mae!

On this day six years ago my heart was broken....and on this day six years ago God started to heal my broken heart. How can that be? One word...GRACE!! I won't even pretend to try to understand it....or even to explain it, but I know that my God did not forsake me. He entrusted me with a miracle, Abbey Mae...and when he decided that he needed her for more important work he granted me his grace to get through the pain on earth, but left me with the promise that I would see her and hold her again. (To quote a favorite book) I will love her forever....for as long as I'm living, my baby she'll be!!
I love you Abbey Mae!!

Our Abbey!

Taking the crew to send their message up to Abbey.
(OK...getting really sick of my camera...or my computer not sure which one)
Anyways....This is a very cute picture that got messed...the message from Jake was, 'I love you, and I hope that you are happy, Love your big brother'....so sweet!
(another camera malfunction)
Kali and her balloon!
Taiji sharing his message to Abbey.
Truman and his balloon.
Never seems like enough...but we released balloons with personal messages to Abbey.
Up up and away! We love you Abbey!!
Jake, Kali, Truman, Scooter and Taiji


Abbey Mae Poag

October 7th, 2000 to July 27th, 2oo3

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are to be admired for your strength. Thanks for sharing a piece of your heart with us! Love the pic of the balloons with the sun...it's like God looking down on you smiling with Abbey by His side!

Hannah said...

Amy, you and your family are truly a testimony of God's Grace. Thank you for sharing. The pictures had me both crying and smiling. God bless you all.

Mindy K said...

Saved By Grace.
You are my hero and my strength. I will always strive to understand how you carry on. With much love, Hugs to Abbey!
Mindy and Abbyshrawl

michele said...

You are so strong. I admire and respect that. I love how you keep her memory alive and I am so humbled by your grace and faith.