Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Day at the Bay!

I had some friends the other day that were saying that they read the blog and everything just seems so perfect...I'm here to tell ya, that is the furthest thing from the truth. I think I only blog the positive things so that I can sometimes live in that dream land....the truth is, I'm a sucky mom. I yell at my kids everyday...I'm easily angered, frustrated and annoyed!! My kids test me, they are naughty, selfish and rude. I just am so grateful that we have God's grace and forgiveness and the promise of a fresh start if we ask for it!! Where is this coming from you might ask....well yesterday was a day at the beach and I didn't enjoy it...I know the kids did, but I just didn't and I felt...feel guilty about it. I guess this is where I seek that grace and start fresh...even still I was able to get some cute pictures.... The gang building up their forts...
Getting ready for the tide to some in. They move the logs down low so when the water comes up they have a canoe to ride on.

Every year Jake will did a hole in the sand and then stand in it next to taiji and ask me to take a picture. It's cute...it's the one time a year that Taiji is taller then Jake!

Truman, Kali, Tess, Taiji & Jake

Truman with the little girls following.

Not sure what is up with my camera...but here are the lil monkey's posing!

The tide vs. the boys.....I think the tide is winning!!

Just a couple of bathing suit divas!


The aforementioned canoes...hard a work!!

I hope I didn't scare ya off...oh well...I am what I am!!

6 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

Amen, sister!. Life is not all flowers and giggles, that's for sure. And being a mom is hard. But you are a great mom, not a "sucky mom" like you say. We're not Christ, so thankfully we don't need to measure up to PERFECT.

I just blogged recently about the tough part of being a mom, and got no comments for a long time. I was left "alone" and sorta regretted sharing it. But I'm glad you did. And I'm here for you, friend. You're doing the best you can as a woman in the world today! (P.S. We'll be in Lynden on Aug. 2, 3 and 4 if you're free to play!)

Anonymous said...

LOL....this one kinda made me laugh because it's pretty much why I haven't started a blog!! I would always want to be positive but probably wouldn't be able to pull it off for all the reasons you mentioned! I too think you're a great Mom and feel bad for your friend that shared and no one commented! If I knew her and read her blog I would have agreed with her (and you) about how hard it is sometimes! I had no idea before these little ones were born how hard it would be but to end on a positive note, I love them to pieces and wouldn't trade it for anything! (doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a vacation though!! lol....) You're doing an awesome job Amy! Hopefully you have a better experience at Birch Bay next time! <3 hugs! -Brandi

Barb said...

Hey Amy dear, I think you did just fine!!! I had a great time~~~ The lunch you made was awesome, the beach warm~~ the kids had a blast~~ I would do it again with you!!! guela

Tanya said...

Kudos to a very honest and real life post! You are a great mom, not everyone could fill the shoes you have...you are to be admired for what you do!

michele said...

I love your honesty here. You are a busy mom with lots of responsibilities! But I see you do so many cool things with your kids... and you are so smart to look to God and we are so fortunate to have His grace!!

tscarter7 said...

I appreciate your honesty Amy! We all feel like "sucky moms" at one time or another. That's just real life. God is good all the time and it's only by His grace that we do make it through the tough times. God bless you and your sweet family!