Monday, March 09, 2009

California Day 6- The Finale' part II

Well you thought you had finished the journey...well we did too! However, we had a system failure (alarm didn't go off) we arrived late to the airport and for some reason they didn't think we could get 4 kids through security and to our gate in 25 minutes. Sooo, long story short we missed our flight. We were supposed to leave at 9am and instead they got us on a flight leaving at 8:30pm. Soooo, what did we do....we took some lemons and made some very tasty lemonade!! We re-rented our mini-van and headed to Universal Studios!! Of course I thought we were heading home so I didn't charge my camera battery...so every picture you see here was taken with the red battery light flashing and me praying for one more shot!!
Oh look it's Kali and Dora...her favorite cartoon character. What? You don't see Kali...that's cuz she's in the stroller next to me covering her head and crying!! Good times!!
Here are all the kids with Jaws...don't see Kali...she's actually on Taiji's shoulders up in Jaw's belly...Just Kidding, she's in the stroller next to me covering her head with her blanket and crying!
Finally a picture of Kali!! Actually, she really did enjoy this show. It was Acting animals and they did some cute little stunts and tricks!
This was amazing!! I wasn't the biggest fan of the Movie WaterWorld, but this show was awesome!
The boys on the Universal Studios Tram ride. They had fun and they're so dang cute!!
Here you can see coming up from the lower left is Jaws...we were on the other side so not quite as dramatic!
Probably not the best thing to see when you are heading to the airport to fly out in a couple of hours....but here is the set of where they shot a plane crash for the War of the Worlds...one of the most expensive sets because they used an actual plane and deconstructed it!
A lovely meal in the airport to top it all off!! Thanks kind, but sorta weird stranger that offered to take our picture so I could be in it!

Boy did we do it!! I think will take a week to get our barrings straight and get back to normal!! I will say this my own bed and pillows were a welcome sight at 2am...and I think they are calling me now!! I promise that this is the final final final post from VanDalen California Trip 09!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

aww, way to turn a missed flight into another amazing day! I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful time. You do have this week off to recover, right??! :-) hugs to you all!