Sunday, January 25, 2009

Off to Africa

As some of you may know Blake and Liss are adopting a little boy from Africa. It has been quite an experience for them, yet they know that God is guiding this process and in his time they will have their little guy...but in the mean time Melissa came up with a great Abbey Project. (This is what I like to call the service projects that we do in Abbey's memory) She thought it would be a great idea for us to collect formula and other goodies to send to the orphanage that is their little guy's home. It is very expensive to purchase formula in Africa and shipping is difficult as well. So the wonderful Lady that they are working with is traveling to Africa and offered to take it as extra baggage!! We were able to collect over 50+ cans and some other fun stuff as well! Blake and Liss hope to be traveling to Africa soon and at that time we will be collecting more formula! If you are ever in the grocery store and see some formula on sale and you want to help us remember Abbey don't hesitate to grab a can or two!! I remember her words, "I love everyone and God loves me!" What a special way for us to show how we too can love everyone...by continuing to love her!!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is so exciting! I'm glad it will be on its way over there :) What a difference we can make when we come together!

Love you guys!

the story of my life... said...

AWESOME!!! I have some where do I bring it!?! It is left over from Carter...

michele said...

I love it. What a wonderful idea! Remembering Abbey, doing something positive and wonderful while waiting for Grady, and helping many African children! Awesome.

one blessed mama said...

what a GREAT idea!!
if i can still find the 'baby' isle, i'll grab a can!
blessings to them!! what an adventure!!
talk to you in the morning! :)

Unknown said...

Great idea indeed!! I just gave some formula away, but I will pick some up for you! It's a gift that keeps on giving...LOVE!

Becky said...

I love your Abbey projects! I will never forget our little adventure with our project, what a day that was! I will pick up a can, too, when I'm out and about, it's been a while since I've bought any!