Monday, September 24, 2007

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas


6-8 Flour Tortillas
2 C. cooked, chopped chicken
1/2 C. chopped green chiles
1 env. Taco Seasoning
1/2 pt. sour cream

Sauce:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of half and half
1/2lb grated Cheddar
1/2lb grated Monterey Jack

Mix first five ingredients together for filling for tortillas. Fill each tortilla. Roll and place in a greased 9x13" dish. Mix soup and half and half together. Pour over rolled tortilla's. Top with cheese and bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.

(couple of options. For the chicken I get a roasted chicken from the deli or Costco and strip it and chop it and then bag it in 2 cup portions and put it in the freezer. Another thing if you are cooking for two (em) you can buy aluminum pans that are 8x8" and you make both but before cooking, cover one and freeze it for later. I also like to experiment with the chile's option, using tomatillos or pico de gallo.)

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I am always looking for a good creamy chicken enchilada recipe...I am so glad you posted this and I can't wait to try it! See ya in the A.M. :)

Laurie said...

Yummy. We have this same recipe with just a few minor changes. The soupy sauce is awesome with chips too!

Ours has:
*Geen enchilda sauce
*Garlic clove

AngMomof3 said...

Yummo! I'm ready for dinner... can I come over?

Bemily said...

Had them tonight! They were fabulous! Brought them over to Nate and Brooke's...everyone said that they liked them! ;) Thanks for the receipe!

Barb said...

They were Yum!!!!! Sorry I forgot to take the leftover home with me:( oh well you know I will be back soon) Hugs Guela