Sunday, May 03, 2009

Let us run with perseverance....

Let us run with perseverance the race set before us....Hebrews 12:1 Well today I ran my first half marathon. It was up in Vancouver BC. I started training for it in January, I was determined run/walk it!! As training progressed and I had the privilege of running with some great partners (Sara, Melissa, Vonda....shout out) and I realized that not only would I be able to run it but I might even be able to get a decent time! So today my goal was to finish in under two hours and preferably under 1:55.
Karen and I headed out at at 5am, hit the border by about 5:20, got to the skytrain by about 5:55 and then to the race about 6:40. Karen's registration had gotten messed up to she headed off to see if she could figure it out. I got to the starting line just in time to hear the gun go off and it was off to the races!! Well....it went great!! The weather was awesome, the course beautiful....with the exception of a horrible hill!! Anyways, I finish at 1:49.06!! I was pretty excited! Unfortunately Karen wasn't able to get her registration figured out in time so the poor thing had to wait for me! She said she didn't mind and was even there with the camera at the finish line!!
On the skytrain back to the car!!
Just a little proof....although very unofficial!!
A good friend of mine gave me a magnet when I started training that said "life is not a sprint, it's a marathon" with this verse, Hebrews 12:1! I wrote it on my hand so that I would make sure that I remembered who allowed me to be able to run this race today and the race of life everyday!!

7 comments:

Barbara (Canada) said...

Awesome time!! Congrats and can't wait to run with you sometime!

one blessed mama said...

i am SO proud of you!!!!

the story of my life... said...

That is Awesome!! Great Job!!!

Becky said...

Yeah for you!!! What a great feeling. Are you training for a full now?

Chelsea said...

Congratulations Amy! Thats so awesome!

Laurie said...

We should meet for a half marathon in Hawaii around our 40th birthdays. I could be inspired to train again if we have an exotic location to run in! :)

michele said...

Wow! What an accomplishment! Good for you!