Monday, June 09, 2008

Sad Day in Lynden!!

Today one of our favorite restaurants in Lynden, the Loft, along with 10 other businesses lost their home! A fire started around 1:00pm in the Delft Square. The Delft Square was a land mark in Lynden, over 100 years old...unfortunately that may have contributed to the total loss of the building. They still don't know what started the fire, but it's pretty evident that the Delft Square is gone. Please pray for all those business owners and their families as this is a very difficult time. It was kinda weird because I was baby sitting for the owners of the Loft today...when they dropped him off, little did they know that their whole world was changing today.
Still tonight as I type this the fire is still not out and the town of Lynden smells like smoke.
The Loft was originally Jake's Dad's restaurant...and even though they have moved on and started Jake's Western Grill...it must be hard to see this happen!
The good thing...I guess...is that the weather is cold, wet and rainy...and when I say rainy...I mean, HOLY COW!!
Keep my sister Jessie and her husband Brett in your thoughts as well, his business was also located in the Delft Square...and now he will also have to find a new place to do business!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Amy, this is so sad. I could not believe the smoke still pouring over the trees last night and the smell!

Laurie said...

I'm so sorry Fabes & Lynded community. Thinking & praying for you.

Laurie said...

Uh, yeah ... I meant Lynden.

Tanya said...

Still so hard to believe....so sad how it happened and even more sad for those that had their lively hood stripped from them. It was kinda sad for us too...lot's of memories.

Anonymous said...

Yes Amy, I will pray for all of it, So very very sad. Thanks for helping us remember. Guela