Friday, June 13, 2008

Six years in the making...it was worth the wait!

Those of you that know me...know that I take my tattoo's very seriously. I waited until I was 23 to get my first one- a cute little cross....then waited six year's to get my second one- Jake and Abbey stick figures...and now six year's later I have finished my quest with a third tattoo- The name's of each of my kids. Each tattoo has special meaning and I think that's why each one took so long to get. My Friend Karen celebrated her birthday yesterday and she also had be wanting to get a tattoo for a while...so along with our pal Lisa, we all took the plunge! Karen was first and was so brave...George Michael helped to ease her pain! Lisa went next and of course being the talented artist that she is, she came up with a beautiful drawing with tons of color...so hers took a while...a long while...just kidding Lis!! Then it was my turn...our guy Chris was great, but he make it abundantly clear that Lisa's was his favorite and enjoyed doing hers and that Karen's and mine were well...boring!! Not to us!! No regrets we had a great time! Thanks girls!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

woke up this morning and still LOVE IT!!
did you know they don't do metallic? :)
great tats - great friends - great times!!
this is a birthday i will NEVER forget!
xo kk

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy.Amy, Amy---where did I go wrong? Was it the Indian Reservation? Perhaps the falling out of a tree and me not taking you to a doctor for 4 days?---I should have made it 5 or 6 days!!!
How about a solution of bleach and Lava soap? Or, I could scrape it off.
Actually-------I Love It :>)

Mom

Becky said...

Very cool...on you! :) I don't know what he's talking about...boring. I really love how yours turned out. KK and Lisa's aren't bad either. ;) What a fun day girls!

Anonymous said...

hey amy, that looks awesome on you!! i like how you put the wings on Abbeys and have a chain going to the cross on Kalis!! that must have hurt but i'm sure you're glad you do it!! :) love it so much! emmy

one blessed mama said...

oh, i wish i were there. someday...maybe! :) beautiful choices girls!!!

Bemily said...

I absolutely love it! It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person! I remember you talking about that for years now! Miss you so much! Now you just have to tell me that it doesn't hurt too bad... then maybe I'll get one... just have to have a few margaritas beforehand!! ;)

Barb said...

Good Morning Amy, I thought I had left a comment on the slide spot, but oh well here is another; I love the way you tied your family to the cross.. so cool... you and your tatoo are very special.. I love you, Guela

Anonymous said...

LOVE it Amy! that is so awesome and I def love what you did! Guela was describing it to me but the pictures are great! Can't wait to see it! Love you all!

Laurie said...

O.K. Fabes - is this it? Or are you going for more body art? :) It looks great you wild & crazy mother of FIVE!

Tanya said...

Looks good Amy! Glad you finally did it......the design is obviously so well thought out, it pays to take your time!