Monday, March 17, 2008

Guess who's comin' over???

This is the question that greets me most mornings when I go to get Kali out of bed. She says, "Guess who's comin over?" and then waits expectantly for me to say a name of one of her friends and if I don't respond quickly enough she throws a name out herself. Well this last weekend we were able to help out some new friends when they found themselves stuck without a sitter for their one month old little boy. He arrived right before Kali woke up from her nap. So when she started calling for me I walked in with a little baby in my hands and she was awestruck! She never left his side the rest of the night and affectionately called him 'Santa'. I don't know if that is her subtle way of saying she would like a baby for Christmas or what! (Not going to happen!!) It was really fun having a baby in the house again and I'll be honest she was so sweet with him that first night I thought I was creating an injustice by not allowing her to have a little sibling...however the next night when he came over the newness had worn off and her little jealous side came out and those feelings quickly faded!!
Kali and her little bro for the day...Santa!

5 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

Haven't said hello for awhile...

Love the new 'do! Good for you taking the risk of bangs again. I'm tempted every once in awhile...

And your daughter is so sweet with "Santa"... I feel the same about denying my youngest a sibling... I'm just thankful my sister is pregnant so that she can fill that spot of a new baby in our lives!

Entertaining 7 facts. I need to post mine now!

Laurie said...

Santa is stinkin' cute.

I need another Santa.

Tanya said...

Too cute! "Santa" may have a new babysitter....;)

P.S. Ummmm, I would do the "I've been tagged" post... BUT I don't know how to do the fancy "link to the friend" thingymajig!! ???? HELP!

Becky said...

So cute...how can you say no to her! She needs her own little "Santa"

Bemily said...

So you're telling me you're gonna have another baby? Am I hearing this right?