Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Super long 3 in 1 post!

This past weekend we packed up the whole family and headed east across the grand state of WA for the town of Yakima. Why...well the LC girls had made it to the state Tournament and with the record of 25-0 they were looking good for a State Championship. Being that we are a sports family we thought this would be a fun little vacation. Of course when your kids start getting older and a majority of their friends are on the same vacation, you find them noticeable absent...so the majority of the pictures taken were of the one kiddo that really has nowhere to go!


The Hotel
Hotel life for this family is a blast...adjoining rooms, hook-ups for the Wii, soft cushy beds and an outlet for little miss Kali's portable video screen!
Always goofin' around...me and my little monkey!
Kali did manage to make some friends...they were great girls that love little kids and had patience for this bossy little one!
Kali loves swimming...of course this stresses me out a bit, but with safety first she had a blast!




The Gym


Jake and Taiji really got into the games...they wanted to wear their basketball uniforms and blue and white socks...we got spirit yes we do we got spirit...how 'bout you!!
The blue boys!
Never far from a buddy they had a blast!
Lynden Christian Girls- WIAA Class 1A State Champs, 29-0!!
Good friends of ours had a daughter on the team. We have been following Joni's career for the past four years. She has come a long way and had an excellent tournament!



The Ride Home!



Kinda a funny story on the ride home. Friends of ours were a little bit ahead of us and called and said they were going to the Costco Home store. I immediately informed Shane that we were stopping. I had been wanting a patio set that had a fire pit in the table. When we designed the deck I had this in mind. I had been told you could find them at Costco. I had not been able to find it. But I was certain that the home store would have it. I'm not really sure what we were thinking since we were still two hours from home and had no room for anything else in our rig. But we found it and the people we were with had a truck with a canopy and thought they could fit it in there truck if I could fit all their stuff in our car. Well the picture above is our suburban after I got all their stuff in it....and the picture below in their truck with my new patio set in it!
And ta-da...my cool new fire pit patio set!!
I was so excited about it that the minute we got home I spent the next four hours putting it together. Only to find out that our propane hook-up didn't match....Thanks Duane for bring yours over!! It's pretty cool!! I can't wait for the weather to finally get a little nicer and enjoy a glass of wine on my new deck with my new fire pit...if your in the neighborhood join me!!





6 comments:

Laurie said...

That was a long and adventuresome post! Championship, hotel fun, and Costco. Sigh. What could be better.

Plan on us joining you on the deck during the winter olympics in 2010! :)

Tom and Stacia said...

We'll hopefully be joining you at that there fire pit sometime in June!
Stacia

Becky said...

Hurray for the girls. Sounds like a fun weekend. And the deck, can I join you...the boys can have a little play date with Kali and I'll have a little date with you, the fire pit and a glass of wine....is it okay if it's the middle of the morning?!?

Tanya said...

I'm In! Nuttins better than sitting outside with a fire, a glass of wine and some good chit chat! Great post....looks like a lot of fun!

one blessed mama said...

am-
thanks for making me smile....rye and i made a trip down to seattle a few months ago to just get away and we stumbled upon the costco home store too!!! i love that place!!! anyways, there was a leather recliner there that i HAD to have. of course, my husband, being a man (DUH) didn't argue with me (all men want recliners right??). however, the man that worked there thought i was 'smoking' something, thinking it would fit in the back of my seqouia! ha!!! did i ever show him??!!! the funniest part of the story was we also stopped at the marysville outlets and my husband choose THIS trip to buy his flat screen! :) yup, had to drive all the way back to lynden, drop off 'my' chair, only to turn right back around and go pick up his t.v.!!!
wow!! aren't you glad you asked for ALL THAT INFORMATION from me??:) my point was.....
I ALSO LOVE COSTCO HOME AND BABY, WHEN THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY!!! :)
i love your patio set....just what i'm looking for!!!! :)
when you crack open that bottle of wine, give me a call!! i'm totally in!!!

Barb said...

Too Sweet!! I'm so happy you had a great time:) be over soon!! maybe tonight:) Hugs guela