Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sisters!!

My sister Sara flew into town to help us celebrate Abbey's Birthday...there just is something really special about having sisters...we may not have always gotten along, and there are still things we don't all agree on...but I love my sisters and wouldn't trade anyone of them!! There is no Friend like a Sister
There's no better friend than a sister -
There's no one more loyal and true . . .
and even when sisters are different . . .
their likeness come shining through!
Perhaps it's a family resemblance that strengthens the bond they share . . .
or maybe it's just that sisters live life with a similar flair!
A sister remembers your collegehood -
She knows more than you will admit of times you were Little Miss Perfect . . .
and times you gave others a fit!
She's seen you in some situations when silence just wouldn't suffice . . .
and managed somehow to get by with those sisterly words of advice!
And when some encouragement's needed . . .
a sister will always be there . . .
to listen . . .
to laugh . . .
or to lean on . . .
to comfort,
or simply to care.
There's no one who's more in your corner . . .
and no one you're more grateful to.
There's no better friend than a sister . . .
and no better sister than you (guys).
from "There Is No Friend Like A Sister"by Mary Engelbreit

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Well as #5 of 5 girls - I can relate! Sisters are great ... most of the time. :)

You all are so beautiful. Sheesh -a family of models. A few comments: When did Jesse grow up? Love Sara's straight hair. And I have the same shirt as Katie. ;) Love Target.

By the way, I would love to hear that whole song. It makes me happy.

Tanya said...

You ladies are so pretty!! I am just trying to figure out what restaurant you were at?!! So glad you had a nice time together!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sister

That was beautifully done! Yes, you are right in saying that we LOVE each other in our own unique way and that is the Amazing part of being family. That we love no matter what! Thanks for having me join you in the run....loved it! Keep up the good work....I have to go motivate myself to go exercise now!
Love ya all!

Bemily said...

Glad to hear that you girls had a great time! Even though I never had a sister growing up... you all have made me feel apart of what it's like to have sisters! So I get a glimpse of what you share! Thank you for that!
Miss you much!

Emily said...

Hi Sista!
I'm finally reading your blog... Awesome poem and so true! I feel very blessed to have you all as sisters! Brothers would not had fit in! I don't think they could'a handled us! Love ya! Katie

Anonymous said...

Oh man Amy, you found a great poem that really describes having sisters! I know I wouldn't trade them for anything and can't imagine my life without them! They are truly a blessing! Especially since I'm away from them, it makes me realize how many people I have back at home! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving! Luv you all!
hugs from Chelsea at spu!!

AngMomof3 said...

Hey Amy-- glad you could be together with your sisters. I've been thinking so much about you as you work through things in life that deal with w/ Abbey's birthday and your parents. Stick w/ those sisters, they'll hopefully make the situations a little easier.

Hey, I have your blog link listed on my blog. My sister Julie checked it out and was inspired to start jogging again w/ your tribute run for Abbey. Thought you'd like to know! Take care.

Anonymous said...

It was a great day and night, we are so hot!

yee yee, love you Amy