Friday, October 19, 2007

Home Improvements!

Shane and I have lived in this house for close to 3yrs. When we first moved in we made some major changes on the inside of the house and over the years have continued to piddle around with some minor improvements. Well this fall brought some major changes to the outside of our home. We changed the color from a dull yellow to a nice green, we painted the trim and the doors, re-roofed and got new gutters....but the thing we are the most excited about is our new deck. We have lived with a tiny rotten, rickety little deck for 3 summers and decided that it was time to upgrade our outdoor living area. I was going to wait until it was finished before I posted, but I think that it will be more fun to have weekly updates to see the progress. Of course I wasn't prepared and didn't get a true before picture, so this one with it already being demolished will have to do. As you can see Kali has taken the biggest hit for the family by having her play house/slide taken off it's stilts and put on the ground, but we promised her that her slide will return and that seems to have appeased her. I'm looking forward to it being done, (so that I can have my grill back) but for now it's fun to watch the process!! Before (sorta)
During (end of week 2)

5 comments:

Becky said...

I've been meaning to tell you (we were in the neighborhood a few weeks ago) that your house looks great. Love the new color and did you get a new front door or just paint it? It looks great! Can't wait to watch the progress on the deck.

Laurie said...

Are you using the same design you saw on the house on the lake by my parents? Or did you come up with your own plan?

Nice shack-a-lack-a! (Michigan term for big ass house.) :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I had no idea you guys were redoing the deck! Looks awesome so far! Its crazy how much is going on, so hard to keep up with it all! thanks for the pictures! I love keeping up on life back home! haha! Cya soon!
Luv Chelsea
p.s. tell the boys and Kali hi for me!

Bemily said...

That house looks alright I guess.. I mean, it's not an 800 sq ft apt by any means, but it'll do! When is the hot tub coming? Let me know! Miss you!

Barb said...

Good Job kids:) We will have many fun times on that new deck, can't wait:) luv ya guela