Saturday, August 11, 2007

NBC Basketball Camp

This past week Truman and four of his friends (Dak, Josh, John, & Zach) headed over to Spokane WA and Whitworth College for and intense week of Basketball. They started there day at 7am with ball handling and breakfast and continued throughout the day with defense, offense, drills, games, devotions and meetings. It is a Christian based camp and the boys had a great time. Shane and I went over the pick them up on Thursday and were able to watch some games and the closing ceremony. Out of over 300 campers all 5 of the Lynden boys walked a way with an award!! It was a very proud moment. Truman received the shadow award, for the best defense in this group (he didn't get that from me....all of you that know me and/or played basketball with me know that I LOVED to shoot, but defense wasn't my strong suit!!)
Here are the boys with their awards!!
Zach, Truman, Josh, Dak, John

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Sports rule at the Van Dalen home! Way to go Truman.

Now I always preferred to play D ... but maybe that's just because I had one ugly shot! :)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Truman! I'm glad it all went good! Looks like ya had fun! It'll be worth it thats for sure!!! luv you all Chelsea :)