Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Last Oak has Fallen!!

BeforeAfter

It has been a two year process but I have finally managed to rid my entire upstairs of all the old oak cabinets, trim and lastly the mantel!! Yeah! (I apologize to anyone that likes oak, it's just not my favorite wood) We painted the kitchen cabinets when we moved in and now I have painted the bathroom cabinets and the mantel! I love it and wonder what took me so long! Unfortunately once you do one project you see more and more projects. So I will have to try and keep myself in check and pace myself and budget! Let me know what you think of the change!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the black Amy! It looks awesome! Nice work.
Chelsea*

Tanya said...

Very striking! It's amazing because I wouldn't have thought there was anything wrong with the maple, but this looks way better....good eye!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! Looks great! I am proud that you painted all by yourself when I am in possession of the painter! I miss ya!

Laurie said...

I have a similar dislike for oak. One word for it: ick. Love the black - we are considering painting our kitchen cabinets that also and then distressing them. We'll see ... all I know is that the kitchen better be remodeled by the time you visit or I am going to be one grumpy wife. :)

Becky said...

Looks great, I like the black! If you ever get sick of painting you know where to find a good cabinet guy. :)

Anonymous said...

it looks like dark brown not black. either way it looks GREAT, much better than the nasty oak.