Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A quiet family Christmas

Christmas morning was just what Christmas morning should be. It was relaxing...we enjoyed some yummy breakfast (to me that means that there were no eggs included!!) We slowly opened presents and pretty much did nothing else all day...it was awesome!! Of course the kids were thrilled with their loot and we were happy they were happy! But more importantly we were happy to just relax and remember the reason for the season!!Kali showing off her Bitty baby with her new clothes and the new puppy 'sugar'.
Christmas morning with daddy. Showing off the cool wrapping and gift from preschool.
Kali helping me unwrap my new scarf, gloves and hat.
My gang!
The boys were pretty excited. Ipod nano' s for Jake and Taiji and since Truman already had one, he gets a docking station and alarm clock! They love them!!
My sweet little ballerina!! New tights, body suit, ballet shoes and tutu!! Toooo cute!!

This picture makes me happy and sad all in one. I see these beautiful children wearing their Christmas Stocking hats and getting ready to open their stockings...but then I look up and see the one lone stocking still hanging there and I'm reminded that Abbey has spent her 7th Christmas in Heaven, what a party that must be!! Oh so bitter sweet! She is missed soooo much! But yet, it is this time of year that God revealed he had a plan and sending his son to be born in a manger was just the beginning! What a gift!! I hope you all had a chance to see God and his plan in this Holiday season!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I just love reading your posts amy! you have such a way with words that is so meaningful and powerful! I cannot get over how fast time has flown! Your last picture truly says it all!