Thursday, August 28, 2008

My baby's off to school!


Kali Faith is off to school! She was sooo excited!! Last night as I was getting her ready for bed I told her that she had school tomorrow...she squealed with delight! I said to her, "Mom's going to take you to school, but I can't stay." She replied, "That's OK mom, you can drop me off and then you can go home!" I think she's ready!! I didn't expect any tears...but as she was hanging up her backpack and taking off her coat I started to think about how big she's getting and how I was never able to do this with Abbey and of course started to get choked up. I think Kali's big sis would be so proud of her...they are definitely two little peas in a pod, Abbey had thought she needed to go to school at the age of 2!! Well I guess I better stop procrastinating and start cleaning my house while I have a little alone time!!

10 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow! So she didn't have any apprehensions??!! What a big girl! Daisy is excited, too. She starts next Thursday, but I am afraid she will be one of those kids that grabs the moms leg and won't let me go....never had one of those, but then I have never had a child like this one....so nothing will surprise me! Hope Kali's first day is great...she looks so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Four Three Two One!! They're off!!! "And Amy kept all these things, pondering them in her heart" Sweet memories and thoughts!! Thanks! Love you guela

Anonymous said...

could she be any more adorable??
embrace this new chapter in your life!

Unknown said...

Tears??? I had a few myself! That's what makes us such great moms, right? ;)

Chelsea said...

wow! I cannot believe miss kali faith is in pre-school! She looks adorable and all set to go :) Glad to hear she had no problem going!

btw how do you set it so that ppl leaving a comment have to do the word verification??

Becky said...

You did it! Glad she did so well. Enjoy your peace and quiet!

Bemily said...

Just adorable! I miss you! Let's catch up soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I wrote a note on a previous posting...

love ya,

Ra

Laurie said...

Your

kids

are

cute!

michele said...

Wow. These are exciting times (and yes, emotional too). Those brown eyes your little Kali has... they are beautiful. I hope this finds you doing well Amy.