Thursday, August 14, 2008

Demolition Derby 2008!


Derby Day at the Fair...I know LP, we are rednecks...but we love it!! The crew did great this year. We had 6 of our 8 guys in the main event and ended up 2nd, 3rd, 5th and Shane took 7th his 2nd year in a row. This year was a bit more relaxing...Shane took 3rd in his heat and made the main without any damage to his car, so getting ready was a matter of filling the car up with gas. The other boys didn't fair so well and it took all afternoon to get them back up and running. The other highlight was that Ben, (who builds all of Shane's car's) ended up winning the truck derby. He started his truck on Thursday and had it ready to go by Monday!! Great job and a great year...now on to the Derby Crew BBQ this Friday night...

5 comments:

michele said...

Fun slide show! And we loved the Derby!!

Laurie said...

Technically, I never called you rednecks (just thought it!)

Just kidding of course my Derby-loving friend. Looks like a lot of fun and the pics are great.

By the way, you're looking tan lady.

Tanya said...

Good times! I love the derby, always have, always will! Good pictures too!
Just don't think I could be a "derby" wife :) Kuddos to you and have fun tonight at the BBQ

Bemily said...

Go Shaner!! I'd love to watch Shane Derby sometime! I hear so much about it... I want to make sure it's real for myself!

Trina Baron said...

Hey Amy! I'm waiting to hear back from you about Kali! Are you gonna send her or what girl? Let me know!!!:)