Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Card...Blog Style!

Where has the year gone...I can't believe we are knocking on the door of 2008!! Having put the blog address on the Christmas card this year, I thought I would let you know how to navigate our site (It's pretty basic)!! I try to update the blog once or twice a week, so feel free to check in often, keeping up with us all year long. If you are interested in our activities of this past year check out the archives over on the right!! Not much to it!! Also, feel free to comment and let us know how you are doing!!

Now for a little on the kiddos!!
Truman and Kali- I really never could have expected the amazing bond that these two have formed! Truman is in the 7th grade and I am so proud of him as he is starting to navigate his teen years!! He has a lot of questions and really wants to do the right thing. He is excelling in both school and school sports. We have enjoyed watching him take on new leadership roles in both football and basketball. You can tell he loves it and takes it very seriously!! He is a great kid!!
Jake & Taiji- My twins that aren't really twins! These two crack me up, maybe it's the age or just the strange circumstances of their situation...but these two are laughing and wrestling and playing and laughing and wrestling ALL day long!! They are both in the 4th grade and celebrated birthdays in April...almost double digits!! They too are doing very well in school and love to hang out with all their friends!! After watching Truman the last 3yrs, they had their first experience at a State Baseball Tournament...their team played awesome and ended up getting 3rd!!As a blended family we face a lot of challenges, but we truly believe that God brought us together for a reason. I never thought I would be a mom to 3 boys...but here I am and I love it! I never thought that I would be blessed with two beautiful daughters but here I am...holding on to memories of Abbey and making new ones with Kali!! God is good!
Kali Faith- My little brown eyed girl!! Kali is now 2 1/2! She loves her thumb, blankey's, brothers, books and her t-b! (tv) It that order!! She's talking non-stop and loves her music class!! I often wonder with all the sporting events this child has to endure with her 3 older brothers, will she be our best athlete...or want nothing to do with a gym, field or stadium? Time with tell!! There is not a day that goes by that Kali doesn't make me laugh...I'm so grateful!!
Shane- 'I want to drive you derby car dad!!' This is coming from Kali!! It's brain washing I tell you!! Shane and his car did great this year...he won his heat in the afternoon! In our house that is big stuff!! Shane continues to be very busy with New York Life, keeping our sporting schedules straight...and pampering me!! I am very lucky!!
Well that's it for now! Blessings on the new year!!

8 comments:

Bemily said...

Love the look of the blog! The fam looks so great!
Can't wait to see you guys someday! MIss you! Let's talk soon!

Tanya said...

WOW! Look at you go girl! Your blog looks great and what a great tribute to your family! I'm sure if each one of them were to write about you they would have wonderful things to say!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely a GREAT collection of pictures!! your kids are so photogenic - I'm jealous!! lol! You are so amazing amy and you are so talented with this blog thing! I love looking at the pictures you put up! so thanks!! Tell the boys and Kali and shane hi! I can't wait to see you all soon!! Luv ya Chelsea Jane

Anonymous said...

okay amy - i am officially a van dalen clan blog groupie! trying to get mine up and running so you can add me to your faves. :) love the year recap - i really DO enjoy the derby pics!!
ps - please change katie's pics!!

Barb said...

Oh MY!!! Amy girl!! I love the new format. and all the news... God is Good and I'm thanking Him for all of you... the days go by so quickly don't they?? I can see you are enjoying every minute.. Love Hugs and prayers ~~ Guela

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy seeing your talents at work Amy, keep it up.

Becky said...

Great pictures pictures and the colors are so festive! It just feel like Christmas over here.

Unknown said...

Hello from Sunny SoCal! This is Beky (and Jeff) from three doors down Brinton and Greg's house. Love your blog! Looks like so much fun! Reminds me of my Midwest days... which I miss! So much more land, so many animals! It was so nice to meet you, your unforgettable stories made us laugh and touched our hearts. Merry Christmas to all!