Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ordinary day

Kali and I decided that it was time for us to check out the new park. They have a few things to finish up, but for the most part it is complete. As a fund raiser they sold pickets that you could write on and they would be part of the fence that surrounds the park. We decided that we would each get a picket and of course do one in memory of Abbey. I found hers first and it is very fittingly placed near the swings in the toddlers section!
Kali found the park to be very fun and exciting. Her word of the day was FUN!!
They have lots to do and to see. This here is a musical pipe thingy...she loved it even if I don't really know what it is!! LOL!
And of course no day at the park is complete without lunch with Grandpa. My two KF's (Ken Faber & Kali Faith)
To round out the day, as is with most days, we went to Bender Fields to cheer on the boys to a victory over Blaine!! Good Job Jake and Taiji!! I have learned with lil' miss KF...make sure you dress her in stuff you don't mind getting ruined!! She was a trooper as always!!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

How cool that Kali can play somewhere that proudly displays Abbey's name?!

Looks like fun!

Becky said...

I love ordinary days! But I have to say there is nothing ordinary about playing at that park. Your picket with Abbey's name on it is a really great idea. I'll have to look for it next time I'm there.

Anonymous said...

Shannon and I went on a walk through the trail and had to stop and look at the park of course! Shannon showed me Truman's, Kali's & Taiji's. We still have to find Jake's though! Now I can't wait to see Abbey's! That was a great idea! I bet all the kids love that it is so close!
~Chelsea & Shannon

Lacey Sanders said...

I am so excited for you guys and the new playground for the kids. Juneau is doing something similar to this - builing a playground, selling pickets to raise money and so on! I am helping on Saturday night with the building - how cool is it that the kids get to help design what they get to play on!?!
I am excited that my baby will get to play on it in the future too!