Monday, April 05, 2010

Jake Turns 12!!

At 4:44pm on 4/4/98 Stephen Jacob Poag was born and officially gave me the greatest job in the world...I was HIS mom!! The last couple of days were spent celebrating him and everything that he has brought to this family. He is an amazing kid with a true love of life and everyone in his life. He is a pleaser, a jokester, gamer and all around BOY!! He loves his sports, video games and music. He still thinks girls are icky and can be very persistent when he wants something...Some day he may have a longer attention span...but maybe not!! I love this kid and am sooo very proud of him!! Happy Birthday Jake!! Dinner out with the fam!!
Birthday Breakfast with Grandpa and the Hendricks clan!
Birthday donuts with his new hat from Guela!
We thought it would be fun to have a bunch of his friends over for a surprise party. The boys actually pulled it off...he had no clue!! And you can see from the pictures he was pretty excited about it!
Part of the Party included a trip out to Uncle Dean's for an airsoft war out in the 25 acres. And what good is an airsoft war if you don't have a good gun....believe me this has been an adjustment for me in having boys...I never even thought about guns growing up, but these boys love a good airsoft war!! They had sooo much fun!
After airsofting it was back to the house for pizza, pop and cake!
And a little downtime watching TV!! Nobody wanted to go home!
Me and my best dude (a kali saying)
To finish up the weekend birthday bash we went to Guela's for Easter. She made a great cookie cake.

I'm so thankful for this kid, he has been a blessing for 12 years and I look forward to a lifetime of birthdays and blessings with him!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I have to share a pic of him and Paige when he is one and Paige is a little baby. Too cute.

Blessings to your little, big man!

Barb said...

I agree Amy, He is a wonderful kid and fabulous grandson:) love my time with him:):) hugs Guela