Monday, April 05, 2010

6th Grade Mexican Fiesta

Every year the 6th grade class puts on a Mexican Fiesta during their unit on Mexico. We had missed it with Truman because of a baseball tournament, so I really didn't know what to expect. My job was to bring 6lbs of refried beans. After the kids ate (they polished off all the beans) they put on a little show for the Parents, 5th graders and 1st graders. It was really cute. I love 6th grade....they aren't quite as annoying as they used to be and not yet to cool like the 7th graders. The whole class participated and I think that they were really having fun.
Near the end the 6th graders had to snag a first grader and teach them a dance and then dance with them. The boys both grabbed kids they knew and had a blast!
Jake and his buddy

Taiji and his buddy!

I can't believe we have finished the 3rd quarter. Only one more quarter and one more big project and I will have two in the 7th grade!! Crazy!! Where does the time go!?!

No comments: