Friday, October 16, 2009

Project Bed Room Swap-Phase 1 of 4

I was reminded today that I haven't gotten around to posting the pictures of phase one. Actually, the first phase of Project Bed Room Swap...moving Truman into the spare room, was a little harder then I thought. The spare room had always been called 'Abbey's room'. Not because she ever stayed in it...but because it is where all 'her' stuff landed when we moved into this house. We decided that Abbey's stuff deserved a more suitable space so we are working on that as well. As for Truman...he moved into a smaller room....but the advantages are that he has a bigger bed, new stuff, and closer access to the bathroom....also now 'his' bathroom. We had talked about what he wanted for his room and he decided that something to do with Michael Jordan. So the walls went gray and the accent colors are red and black. Shane went online to find some posters, and my mom had this cool Jordan jersey (Thanks Grandma) so we framed and hung it. It's a little bare...but he's a boy and likes it simple...he would however like for me to do a mural of some sort...we will see if my creative juices get flowing and I will let ya know.
View of the bed
Couple of the cool posters
A basketball chair with Kali lounging!
Phase 3 of 4
As you can see....I've not gotten very far with Kali's new room. Still trying to figure out what we want to do!! She's loving the princess world right now, but I don't want her to grow out of it and have to redo the room in a year...plus, I'm not quite ready to put her downstairs yet. So I will post as I start to work. Of course this is the first room I actually thought to take a before picture of...always a little more dramatic that way!! More to come!
I'm starting to think I should start a little side business of painting....maybe give my dad a little run for his money!! Actually he's just happy that he doesn't have me as a client!! HeeHee!

No comments: