Friday, April 04, 2008

4-4-1998

On this day 10 years ago I had the honor and privilage of becoming a mom for the first time! It was a life changing experience, one that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Jake has been such a joy and blessing to me and our family!! I'm sooo proud to be able to call myself his mom!!
Happy Birthday Jake!!
Jake at 3, foreshadowing his 10th birthday!!
What a pair!
One of the things that I love the most about Jake is his sense of humor and the confidence in which he carries himself!! If he thinks it's funny, he doesn't care what anyone else thinks!!
This is what a 10 year old looks like....pretty handsome if you ask me!! (I'm not biased or anything)
Jake and his twin, Taiji! I have to explain...Jake and Taiji are 11 days apart which makes things a little tricky since I often get them the same thing for their birthdays. This year they are each having 3 birthdays. Jake's, and combined party and then Taiji's. They got three presents this year so we open one on each of the days!! I hope it works!! They were pretty excited about the new Nintendo DS!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man I cannot believe our little jake poag is 10 already! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the big guy! Sounds like you guys will be busy with parties for the next couple weeks! :) *Hope ya have a great birthday Jake!*

Anonymous said...

what a handsome young man!!
really, he hasn't changed a bit!!
happy birthday!
-kk

Barb said...

Where have the years gone??? It was interesting you mentioned twins; as, for you quiet time last night Jake choose for us to read about Jacob and Esau.... it makes for interesting dicussion:) The boys love to have me read the Bible to them as they drift off to sleep.... God is planting seeds of Himself into their hearts:) I'm Thankful for each one God has placed in our family:) Hugs Guela

Barb said...

I mean't to say our quiet time:):)

Tanya said...

What a nice tribute to Jake! We hope he had a great day and a nice weekend.

one blessed mama said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!! :)
-THE LIKKELS