Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Couple of Recipes and a cool website!!

Yesterday I made some lasagna for some friends that had a rough day...I asked her if she thought it was blog worthy and she said yes...so the first recipe is for a Chicken Lasagna. The second one was a base recipe a friend gave me and she told me to play with it to see what I could come up with...well I'm gonna call this one Rockin' Black bean salsa soup!!

Chicken Lasagna
Lasagna Noodles (9 cooked)
4C. Cooked chicken (Roasted chicken from costco...works wonders $4.99)
1 can cream of chix soup
1 can cream of mush soup
1 C. Parmesan Cheese
8oz Sour Cream
1/4C Chopped onion
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
16oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Mix all ingredients together well. In a 9x13 pan, layer chicken mixture, noodles, cheese, noodles, chicken mixture, cheese, noodles, and chicken mixture. Bake, covered at 350 for 30 to 40 min. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese and bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more.

Rockin' Black Bean Salsa Soup!
2 cans of Chicken Broth
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can refried black beans
1 sm can green chile's (choose your temp)
1/2 C. Pace Chunky salsa (choose your temp)
1 C. Pico de gallo (Lynden readers use El Ranchito's...YUM!)
1 1/2 C. Roasted shredded chicken (are you seeing the pattern here?)

Combined all ingredients except the chicken and pico. Mix well and bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes and then reduce the heat to simmer. Add the chicken and pico. Let simmer for about 20 mins. I tell ya...serve this one with a few tortilla strips and a little avocado and...YUM!!! You can make this as hot or not as you want. I added a little Fiesta Party mix from tastefully simple and that really kicked mine up a notch!!

Ok and last but not least...I was told about a really cool website that has great holiday recipes and a ton of them. So for all you cooks and holiday bakers...check this one out!!
Mrs. Claus' Cookbook

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hey Amy, thanks for the new recipes, they look yumm.. check out Lacey and mark's blog:) love Guela

Tanya said...

I am so excited that you posted both those recipes! While I am at a it...I want to give those of you that read these comments a huge shout out to Amy, We were the lucky recipients of the lasagna...and I'm telling you it was fabulous! Thanks again Amy! Can't wait to try the soup!

Becky said...

Thanks for these...headed to the store right now to get stuff for dinner!

Barb said...

Good morning Amy, just checked your blog, and saw the recipe again, and I thought maybe I could use turkey in place of the chicken.. I just baked them a turkey dinner last night, it was only 12 lbs, but I have a lot left over:) YUM!! have a great day:):)Hi Boys and Kali Faith:):)xoxoxo guela vd