Friday, July 27, 2007

It doesn't seem possible and yet it's true...it's been four years since Abbey left us to enter her eternal home. I've been thinking about what I would write about, but as usual no words can truly describe the love I have for this little girl or how much I miss her!! She had a way to brighten a room with her smile and had a gift of compassion that not many two year old posses. I am grateful that God blessed me with such a child and even though I don't understand why she had to leave so soon I do know that God had a purpose for Abbey in life and in death. She taught me; the power of forgiveness, the reason for love and the hope in forever with Jesus. I was proud to be Abbey's mom and would do it all over again even knowing the pain that would go with it. We don't have any control over how much time we have but we do have control over how we use it!! Abbey used it to the fullest and I hope that's what I am doing too!! Thank you for remembering her and feel free if you have a Abbey memory to share it in the comments!!

'I love everyone...and God loves me!!' ~abbey mae poag

9 comments:

Bemily said...

Sweet Abbey Mae!
I will forever remember your smile and laugh. Particularly one Saturday morning when you and your brother Jake woke me up and sat on me! You were both giggling so much! And even though it was early and I am not a morning person...you made me laugh when it was virtually impossible! I miss you! Everyone misses you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Abbey! I remember you skippin in your high heels at Jake's swimming lessons. I asked you "how do you walk in those shoes," and she replied "I'm not walking, I'm ruuunnniinngg!"
What a sweetie (like her mommy:))

Luv ya and thinking of you guys during these memories!

Becky said...

Amy, what a sweet tribute to you beautiful little girl and wonderful words. The slideshow is so appropriate. She was always smiling, and still is.

Anonymous said...

Ames~
You are such a gifted writer. Your words eloquently capture the joy that Abbey's life brought us and the loss that will impact our lives for always. May you, Shane, the boys, and Kali Faith be blessed beyond measure at this time of remembrance. Loving you~ Auntie Beck

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you this day, thank you for sharing your thoughts. She is a gift from God and reminds us all to take one day at a time........Aunt Deb

Tanya said...

Very nice tribute, Amy! You do such a great job of keeping Abbey's spirit alive in our lives....Thank you for putting together the "balloon" gathering.

Emily said...

Amy- thank-you for your continuing example of what it means to have christ-like forgiveness and child-like trust and hope. You are such an inspiration to me! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Opps, I did a memory comment on the wrong page! Stacey and I were talking about Abbey on the 4th and we just loved thinking about her little mouth! It was so tiny and yet she could always have some bubble gum in it! It was so different feeding her than the boys, we have to have small enough bites!! Plus, I still love those pink sandles that she wore around everywhere! I'll bet they were one of her favorite pairs!

Luv you all
Cousin Chelsea :)

Anonymous said...

I remember how Abbey just loved everyone, always smiling, and in the center of things. She even thought she could help Blake put together that baby stroller... like she knew how the parts fit or just to encourage him. Too cute:) love and hugs guela