Thursday, March 18, 2010

Locks of Love from my LOVE!!

Today was a big day!! My little Kali was born with NO hair...I have willed it to grow...and grow and grow!! I have loved to braid, curl, pony and more!! But lately neither one of us have enjoyed the snarls and brushing. About 3 months ago we decided that we would let it get long enough and then cut it for locks of love! It took a couple of conversations to understand what that meant...but then she was all over it!! Well today was the day!! She woke up and said, "today is haircut day"!!! So excited!! It was an amazing experience!! My friend Melissa made the day!! She treated Kali like a queen...and of course the queen needs a posse (Guela, Aunt Kate, Grandma and Mom)!! Here are a couple of pictures of our day!! I'm thrilled with the results and the best part....so is Kali!! Before- Front
Before- Back
Guela was so sweet!! She brought Kali a book to remember the day by!! It is the book of her favorite movie....Heidi!!
Mom and Kali-before!! Our famous self portrait!
In the Process...
The hair heading to Locks of Love!!
LOVING every minute of it!! In fact, direct quote...."I think I would like to get my haircut every day!!" Tooooo cute!!
Melissa doing her magic!!
Kali was full of fun faces!! This is just one of them!!
After- Back! (sooooo cute)
After front! I didn't realize I had a teenage girl!! YIKES!!
Kali and Melissa showing off the HAIR!!
Kali with a member of the posse, Grandma!!
It was a great day for a great cause with a great result!!

3 comments:

Wubben World said...

adorable! didn't know her hair was long enough....maybe Hailey's hair IS long enough!!

Laurie said...

Way to go Miss Kali! Paige donated her hair a couple of years ago to Pantene's program. (You don't need quite so many inches ...)

Love the bob and she does look more grown up. Look out world!

AngMomof3 said...

Love the new do! We're doing the same w/ Sadie's hair, but won't be waiting near as long (it's a big battle everyday...). Her hair will be SHORT for summer!